Monday, September 30, 2013

The Lord Is My Shepherd - Psalms 23

Psalms 23
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever."


----------------------------------

Well I am off to Bangalore, India tomorrow (Tuesday) night. I will arrive in Bangalore early Thursday morning after transiting through Frankfurt Germany. I always love visiting India and my team there, but a little part of me is also hesitant to leave my home and travel to the other side of the world. Additionally while I am there, I need to be "on" the entire time as I meet with and present to the 300-person office. For you fellow introverts, you know this is always a somewhat draining experience (mind you we have learned how to do it well, but it is still draining).

But just like the pilots of the planes I will be traveling on, we have a map of how to get to our "final" destination. And not only do we have a map, but unlike the pilots, we have direct access to the map maker to help explain any problems in our interpretation. As I was meditating the other day, Psalms 23 just popped into my head, and when I read it, a real peace came over me. Read the entire passage above again, and just list out all the promises that God has for us if we just put our trust in him. Here's a quick list of what I came up with: guidance, comfort, solace, confidence, protection, healing, abundance, righteousness, goodness, mercy, and best of all - Eternal Life!

As I travel this week and next, I pray I will remember to put my trust in the Lord and allow him to be my shepherd and to guide me where he will have me go. I pray I will find comfort and solace and confidence knowing that I am within his hedge of protection. I would also pray that wherever you will be this week, that you too would put your complete trust in the One who can protect and guide us through anything on this earth.

Please pray for my travels and if you have time, let me know you are praying for me and if the Lord is speaking to you! Thanks for your encouragement!

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!

-----------------------

Check out the performance below by Cissy Houston (mother of Whitney). If you have never been to an African American church, you need to go just for the music alone - let alone the on-fire preaching and free worship!

The Lord Is My Shepherd - Cissy Houston
http://youtu.be/1iql92NWt30

No comments:

Post a Comment