Saturday, May 4, 2013

Are You Ready To Go Home? - John 17:16

John 17:16
"They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world."

----------------------------------

We had an appointment with the radiation oncology Dr this morning to get Kay measured for the radiation treatments.  The measurement went ok, but he told Kay that she needs to be completely healed and she cannot start her treatments next week.  So, now we head back to the surgeon on Monday to see how quickly we can get Kay to heal.  If she is not healed up in a couple of weeks, then we will lose our window before vacation and we will have to wait until we get back.  The ups and downs of this ride never cease to amaze us.  ;)

As we were driving back home from the Dr appointment this morning, my shuffle playlist came up on Shawn McDonald's "Home".  I just love the quality of Shawn McDonald's voice and the words to this song are pretty powerful.  Part of the lyrics go like this:

I am ready to go home
I'm packing my bags and I'm hitting the road
Yes, I'm gonna run, I'm gonna run for my home
To stand in the sight of the Living God
That's where I'm longing to be 

As John says, this earth is not our home, just like it is not Jesus' home either.  We were made for heaven and one day we will be there with our Savior.  Are you ready to go home?  Have you got your house in order and have you packed your bags?  Are you ready to eagerly run to your Father?  Are you longing to stand in the sight of the Living God?  My prayer is that you are able to answer yes to all these questions!  But if you answer no to any of these questions, then ask God to give you an eager, anxious, and longing heart so that you want to run headlong into His eternal presence.

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!  

----------------------------------

Home - Shawn McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment