Thursday, May 2, 2013

Level-Headed in The Lord - Proverbs 14:29

Proverbs 14:29
"Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly."

----------------------------------

This week in Bangalore all of my leaders were together for the first time in 7 months and we had a brand new leader join us also.  This was the first time I had met the new leader in person and we had an excellent chance to mature our working relationship. One of the pieces of feedback that I gave him was to be calm and reasoned in his approach to problem solving. I had a couple of interactions with him this week, and he sometimes came across as scattered, nervous, and worried. 

One of the strengths of my work personality is that I am fairly laid back and when presented with a new problem, I always try to stay calm, methodically understand the issue, and then take a step-wise approach to solving that issue. This proverb today is advocating a very similar strategy. It is saying that there is wisdom and understanding in patience, and that quick-tempered or overly emotional responses are foolish. 

Our emotions can be a great asset on activities such as starting new initiatives, working through personnel issues, and maintaining high morale. But when it comes to analyzing issues and solving problems, patience and persistence pay off. The next time a problem or trial comes your way, I would suggest pausing, praying and pondering (TM Kevin Rudy - I just trademarked that alliteration by the way.... ;). Let's ensure that we take a reasoned approach to problems including taking the problem to our Lord. 

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!  

Family Update:  I am home!

No comments:

Post a Comment