Sunday, February 10, 2013

Are you ever mistaken for Jesus? - 1 John 2:6


1 John 2:6
"Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did."

---------

Have you ever been mistaken for Jesus?  Of course I am not saying any of us would be mistaken to *look* like Jesus, but do we live our lives in a way that Jesus would live his in the 21st century?  I am sure everyone has seen the WWJD bracelets, but are we really facing every situation in our lives with that question?

Well scripture calls us to do just that - wherever we go, whatever we say, whatever we look at, and whatever we do should be a reflection of Christ working through us.  That is obviously a difficult task in our own strength, but Jesus has promised to sanctify us throughout our lives if we seek and follow him. 

I think the bridge lyrics in the Warren Barfield song called "Mistaken" say it all. 
Mistaken - Warren Barfield

May He touch with my hands
See through my eyes
May He speak through my lips
Live through my life

Try to spend this week seeking Christ's will in each of your decisions and more importantly reflecting his will to others through your life!

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment