Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Lord is my Rock! - Psalms 18:2


Psalms 18:2 NKJV
"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

--------

My Rock, My Fortress, My Deliverer, My God, My Strength, My Shield, My Salvation, My Stronghold!  Wow that is a lot of names for the Lord in one verse of the Bible!  I bet you could think of a bunch more couldn't you?  How about: My Healer, My Comforter, My Savior, My Lord, My Provider, My Banner, My Peace, My Sanctifier, My Shepherd, My Master, My Path, My Strong Tower, My Lamb, My Abba, My Creator, My Helper.  Did I miss one of your favorites!

This week the Lord has definitely been My Strength and My Deliverer.  The week was jam-packed with heading to a team kickoff meeting on Sunday, MCing the kickoff on Monday morning, giving a presentation on Monday afternoon, leading a break-out discussion group on Tuesday, presenting to the CEOs and other VPs on Wednesday, and then finally coming down with the flu on Thursday and Friday.  For a natural introvert, I had to rely on His strength throughout the week through prayer and study.

Now I am praying for help, comfort, and healing so that I can overcome this flu and get back on my feet!  Just remembering all the names of God at different times in your lives can bring great comfort and confidence.  Whenever you are feeling down and needing strength or guidance, try just writing out all the names of God to remind you of what all he is for you.   Also please pray for my healing, will you?  I love you all.

...and don't forget to love God, love others, and use every minute for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment