Sunday, March 10, 2013

Be Still - Psalms 46:10

Psalms 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

------------------------------

Today's verse comes to us from the background of Hannah's laptop.  The other day, Hannah posted an Instagram picture of her desk at school and commented "Bible, Journal, coffee, MacBook, #myhappyplace".  While I can understand the first item on list, the other 3 are difficult for me to relate to.  I am a PC and tea person, and I have never had the inclination to keep a journal, except when I was required to on my mission trip to Jamaica.  But the verse she included on her background caught my eye.

I am sure many of you have heard this verse before and I believe it speaks to us in several ways.  The first thing I think of when I hear the words "Be Still" is my Grandpa Cooper.  Grandpa Cooper has already gone on before us a couple of decades ago, but when my brother Scott and I grew up we often heard this from him.  He was basically saying "calm down, quit screwing around, and be quiet".  In a way, I think God is saying the same thing.  He is telling us to quit messing around with temporal and unimportant things and listen to Him and realize his greatness.  The verse also says that He is God (Big "G"!) and he will be known, praised and worshiped throughout the entire world.

So when life is crazy and moving a thousand miles an hour at you, take some time to be still, listen to God, worship his majesty and know that he is with you and loves you.

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment