Saturday, March 16, 2013

Who Should We Fear? - Psalms 27:1

Psalms 27:1
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?"

---------------

Do you know that the Lord is your light and your salvation?  Do you realize how powerful our God is?  Is there anyone or any situation on this earth that we should be fearful of?

Deep down I think we all know these truths but I have to be reminded of them every day.  I may be anxious about finances, or I may fear making a friend upset with what I say?  I may be concerned about what someone at church thinks of my faith?  At times, I am even fearful that someone at work will expose my shortcomings and I might lose my job.

Are these fears warranted? ...not if we rest in the truth that God is indeed our light and he will illuminate the dark places and overcome our enemies.  His "perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18).  Take comfort in our advocate and protector and don't fear anyone or anything in this world.

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory! 

---------------

Family Update:  We have decided on one more surgery and it is now scheduled for April 10th.  We then see the radiation oncologist again on April 22nd.  The radiation treatments should start the week of May 6th (as long as Kay is all healed from the surgery) and last for about 4 weeks.  I am also squeezing in a trip to India leaving right after the oncologist appointment the evening of April 22nd and returning on May 1st.  Please pray for all of these dates to come together without any conflicts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment