Tuesday, April 30, 2013

As For Me And My House - Joshua 24:15

Joshua 24:15
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.""

----------------------------------

Today, I had one of the ladies at the Bangalore office message me that she wanted to see me.  I was booked back to back with no breaks even for lunch from 9am until 6pm, but I stopped by her cubicle between meetings anyway.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she had a gift for me.  This ladies name is Mary Ashley and she is a Christian whom I have spoken with several times before.  She knew I was a Christian and she and her husband made this beautiful picture for me (attached).  The most prominent verse is this verse from Joshua 24, but there is also a verse from Isaiah 32:18 and some other very nice words and well wishes.

I think this verse is quite ironic in India, as most families and houses here do not choose to serve our Lord.  In fact, in most Hindu houses that we go to there is a Puja room or closet where they have shrine to worship their Gods.  The Puja is the act of giving a gift to the Gods in the hopes of receiving a blessing from the Gods in return.

I am thankful that I worship a God who does not require sacrifices from me and loves me unconditionally whether I have followed the church rituals today or not.  Our God is greater than all other Gods and idols and he wants us to worship him in spirit and in truth.  Say a prayer to God today and thank him for loving us and caring for us enough to send his son so that we might dwell with him forever.

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!  

No comments:

Post a Comment