Saturday, April 27, 2013

He Gives Us Rest - Joshua 21:44

Joshua 21:44
"The Lord gave them rest all around, according to all that He had sworn to their fathers. And not a man of all their enemies stood against them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand."

----------------------------------

God promises to ultimately give us peace and rest. He tells us that in rest we will saved, in quietness and confidence shall be your strength. 

I am now on my fourth night in Bangalore India and even though the week is going well, I would not say it has been restful.  I just got off a staff meeting call with my boss and it is now 1:00am.  I hope to get some sleep tonight but it is up at 7:30am Saturday to go on a safari (lions, tigers, and bears, oh my!).  By the time you read this on your Saturday morning, we should already be getting back from our safari. 

I pray that you all are getting physical rest in your lives this weekend and that every day you are resting in Christ and Christ is resting in you.  But regardless of our current circumstances, we will be resting eternally with our Lord and we will never tire in his presence.

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!  

No comments:

Post a Comment