Saturday, April 13, 2013

Heal Me O Lord - Psalms 30:2

Psalms 30:2
"O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me."

----------------------------------

Today's devotion needs to be just a simple message of healing. Lord, we're tired, we can't do this in our own strength, and we boldly ask you for complete healing for Kay. 

I am writing this late Friday night after a very long day.  It started out normal enough as both Faith and I worked and studied from home so we could keep an eye on Kay as she recovers from surgery 2 days prior. Around 2:15pm as I was on a business call, Faith runs into my room and says mom needs me now.  Well the quick synopsis of the next 6 hours is: Kay passes out for about 2 minutes, Faith holds Kay up, Dad dials 9-1-1, ambulance takes Kay to the emergency room, various and sundry test ( including CT scans of Kay's chest and head) are run, everyone is back home around 8pm.  Scans were warranted in this case because Kay has several risk factors (clotting disorder, cancer, recent surgery) that the Dr wanted to rule out a PE (pulmonary embolism). 

Well the bottom line is that all the tests were negative which was very good news. But as Kay said tonight, she is just tired of the medical community right now and is done with hospitals.  Lord, we simply cry out to You for rest and healing. Amen. 

...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment