Monday, April 22, 2013

He Is So Good To Us - Psalms 40:1-3

Psalms 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth— Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord."

----------------------------------

This verse was in my daily reading for yesterday and I just had use it. Reading the words took me back about 11 months ago to Hannah's Senior Voice Recital. Many of you were there and would remember her encore song (So Good To Me) where she broke out her guitar and we all sang along just praising the goodness of God.  The link to Hannah's performance of So Good To Me is below. 

The chorus of the song is very simple and repetitive and just says "He's so good, so so good to me, so good, so so good to me, so good, so so good to me Jesus."  Jesus is so good to us even when we don't deserve it. He picks is up out of horrible depths and muddy sticky situations and sets us upon a firm foundation.  Over the last couple of weeks we have been in some deep pits and some pretty sticky situations. But even though we praised Him through the storm, the praises are coming a little bit easier and more abundantly now. 

We are so blessed to have a God who saves us and is "so so good" to us all of the time. I thank my Jesus for being with us through the trials of life and I pray that you also will always know and feel his presence. Thank you Jesus.
 
...and don't forget to love God with all your heart, love others as He does, and use every minute for His will and to His glory!  

-------------------------

So Good To Me - Hannah Rudy

-------------------------

Family Update: Kay had another good day on Sunday.  Tonight I am off to India at 9:45pm and will arrive early Wednesday morning.  Please pray for my safe travels and for Kay and everyone else back here while I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment